We will be celebrating DYSLEXIA tomorrow, October 15 at 5:30 pm. Come join us for chili and hot dogs! At 6:00, we will be taking a picture of the group, so be sure to wear red!
October is Dyslexia Awareness month. Do you still think dyslexia means people see letters in reverse? There is SOOO much more to dyslexia!
1) Dyslexia affects 1 in 5 people.
2) Dyslexia varies from mild to severe.
3) Dyslexia commonly runs in families.
4) Children don't outgrow dyslexia.
5) Dyslexics typically have a large spoken vocabulary for their age.
6) Dyslexia is NOT related to low intelligence.
7) Dyslexics require extra time and effort to process language information.
8) Dyslexics have difficulty learning and remembering the names of letters.
9) Dyslexics often fail to understand that words come apart.
10)Dyslexics often have a difficult time learning to associate letters with sounds.
At Simply Therapy, we have a personal and professional passion for identifying and treating children with dyslexia.
We have recently introduced a Dyslexia Screen to our services we offer. The screening is $60.00 and starts as young as age 4 years 6 months.
We also offer tutoring with an Orton Gillinham based program, the Barton Reading and Spelling System. Our tutors are educators who are passionate about teaching reading "the right way." Our tutors use a multi-sensory method with explicit instruction in phonics.
READING IS A SKILL. Our brains aren't wired to read the way they are wired to develop language.
If your child is struggling with reading and you'd like a screening or to start tutoring services, please call us at 270-683-9992 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.